Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera with 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens & W-E1 Wi-Fi Adapter
An already very capable imaging machine, the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens and W-E1 Wi-Fi Adapter from Canon takes the camera’s capabilities up a notch with the inclusion of an SD-card-sized item that adds Wi-Fi connectivity to the camera.
Designed with a penchant for speed, the 7D Mark II is characterized by its APS-C-sized 20.2MP CMOS sensor, dual DIGIC 6 image processors, and a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps. Both a 65-point all cross-type phase-detection AF system and Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology benefit fast, accurate focusing performance for both optical viewfinder and live view shooting. Additionally, the combination of the dual image processors along with the CMOS sensor also contribute to enhanced low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 16000, which is further expandable to ISO 51200. The 7D Mark II comfortably performs in a range of challenging situations, and while ideally situated as a tool for sports and wildlife photographers, it resides equally as well in the hands of contemporary multimedia image-makers.
Complementing the 7D Mark II’s still imaging assets, support for recording full HD 1080p video is available, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps. Beyond saving to internal memory cards, uncompressed video can also be recorded to optional external recorders via an HDMI connection. Custom Movie Servo AF, which is aided by the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, serves to highlight movie recording abilities by enabling controllable speed and sensitivity settings for continuous focusing with moving subjects.
Housing the robust set of imaging capabilities is an equally robust dust and weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, which contains a durable shutter mechanism tested for up to 200,000 actuations. A fixed 3.0″ 1.04m-dot ClearView II LCD screen is incorporated into the design, along with a bright Intelligent Viewfinder II optical finder, for versatile monitoring and playback abilities. Customizable buttons are placed about the body for personalized control over different settings and a built-in GPS module automatically embeds location data into files for geotagging images when shooting.
The EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens is included along with the camera body to serve as a versatile everyday lens that encompasses a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28.8-216mm. Incorporating NANO USM technology, this lens is characterized by its combination of a fast, stills-optimized ring-type Ultrasonic Motor and smooth, silent video-optimized Stepping Motor for all-around focusing performance to benefit multimedia image-makers. This dual-purpose AF motor also offers notably quicker performance throughout the zoom range for more responsive shooting from near to far.
20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
The dual processor design further benefits the imaging system through the addition of speed, which avails 10 fps continuous shooting for over 1000 JPEGs, 31 RAW, or 19 RAW+JPEG files, along with a top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec. and a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. Additionally, a shutter lag time of 0.055 sec. and a start-up time of just 0.1 sec. help keep the camera ready to perform when desired.
65-Point All Cross-Type AF System
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, focusing is smooth and natural when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
EOS HD Video
When recording video, customizable Movie Servo AF can be utilized to adjust the focusing location, speed, and tracking intervals for fluid and smooth AF quality. Support is also available for STM lenses, which deliver exceptionally quiet and smooth focusing to benefit the overall quality of movies.
In-camera audio is recorded using the Linear PCM format for MOV files, or the AAC format for MP4 files, and support is available for utilizing an optional external microphone during recording. Additionally, a headphone input is also available for real-time audio monitoring.
Scene Detection System and Exposure Metering
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens
Other Camera Features
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals.
- The bulb shutter speed setting enables you to keep the shutter open as long as desired for an expanded range of creative exposure capabilities.
- An integrated GPS Receiver automatically records location data with each exposure, including longitude and latitude, elevation, and UTC time as EXIF data, and also provides a digital compass. Movement can also be tracked at set intervals to showcase your routes taken during shooting.
- Advanced mirror vibration control technology supports the 7D Mark II’s exceptional continuous shooting speeds and helps to maintain consistent results during shooting bursts.
- A flicker detection system can automatically warn you, in the viewfinder, when a flickering light source has been detected. The effects of these light sources can be compensated for using the Anti-Flicker Shooting function, which will automatically record images only during instances of peak light volume. This system is especially useful for reducing inconsistent exposure or color results, which are prevalent when continuously shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- In-camera correction for a variety of lens aberrations is possible, including the ability to control peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration, and other distortions. When working in live view, the Image Simulation Function can be utilized to monitor the effects of distortion correction for fine-tuning your results.
- A USB 3.0 terminal is available for expedited transfer speeds between the camera and a computer or the optional WFT-E7 (Version 2) for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Picture Style modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and up to three User Defined settings.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 6 cm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 20.9 Megapixel
Effective: 20.2 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Sensor Size||22.4 x 15 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 16000 (Extended: 100 to 51200)|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||0 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Sunset, Tungsten, Twilight|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps|
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p/59.94p
SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p
HD (1280 x 720) at 59.94p
SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p
|External Recording Modes||Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p|
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds for Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds for HD (1280 x 720)
Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds for SD (640 x 480)
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||AAC, Linear PCM|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 65 (65 Cross-Type)|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (Pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||22 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +1|
|Monitor Resolution||1,040,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Fixed LCD|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Memory Card Slot||Slot 1: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
Slot 2: CompactFlash (UDMA 7)
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.9 x 4.4 x 3.1″ / 148.6 x 112.4 x 78.2 mm|
|Weight||2 lb / 910 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Focal Length||18 to 135mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28.8 to 216mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 5.6|
|Minimum Aperture||f/22 to 38|
|Angle of View||74° 20′ to 11° 30′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.28′ / 39 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3 x 3.78″ / 77.4 x 96 mm|
|Weight||1.13 lb / 515 g|
|Package Weight||4.895 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.85 x 7.3 x 5.9″|